BSOD: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - Ndu.sys

Anonymous
2020-06-20T18:42:53+00:00

Hello,

I'm having trouble with some BSOD in the last few weeks. They happen at random times, usually with KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED message, and in a few of them Ndu.sys seems to be the cause. No idea how to fix, I already tried updating drivers, firmware, deleting some software I installed recently but it still happens. Last time was a few minutes ago. I have the minidump file if needed.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-01T22:56:07+00:00

    I'm having the same issues as everyone else that has written in this thread. My BSOD's would usually happen when on chrome, often randomly when watching youtube and I appear to have the same setup of Avast antivirus and Malwarebytes running on my computer.

    I found a post on the malwarebytes forum here: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/261609-malwareytes-premium-breaking-ndusys/ for the same issue that we're having. They appeared to be able to fix for the person in that thread, though they recommend not following the same steps that they gave to the original poster and to instead make a separate post of your problem.

    I should note I have not tried renaming my ndu.sys file OR making a new post on the malwarebytes forum yet. I thought it might be useful to know that other people are having the same problem. I am going to make a post on the malwarebytes forum tomorrow and go through the steps that way, but I will also update here if anything solves this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-04T00:10:01+00:00

    Almost a month now and not a single crash since I decided to leave Malwarebytes closed. Anybody else with similar results?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-13T22:44:54+00:00

    I hope it helps. I know how frustrating this is. Right now, things are working well. But I've had multiple BSOD issues recently that made me hate to even turn on my computer in the morning. And I'm a writer, so that's definitely NOT okay...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-13T21:35:54+00:00

    Any luck? I've uninstalled software, updated drives, should I try deleting the ndu.sys file? 

    There's an article that tells you how to rename that file safely, instead of deleting it. It actually tells you lots of ways to deal with this issue. It might help you:

    http://windowsbulletin.com/how-to-repair-ndu-sys-bsod-error/

    Thanks. Let me try this. Hopefully there's some resolve.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-13T21:34:04+00:00

    Any luck? I've uninstalled software, updated drives, should I try deleting the ndu.sys file? 

    Have there been a successful solve for the issue?

    I'd be careful with deleting system files if you're not sure you won't compromise anything. As I don't have experience with that, I haven't tried that.

    These last 10 days or so I haven't had another crash and the only different thing I'm doing is closing Malwarebytes as soon as I can after starting the computer. I did not remove the program, just closed it completely. It seems to be working, though I think it's to soon to say with 100% certainty Malwarebytes is the cause. In the next weeks I'll report back here.

    Maybe I should try that. Prevent it from starting up from the task manager. So far I just renamed it. So far no problems, but too soon to tell.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments