BSOD: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - Ndu.sys

Anonymous
2020-06-20T18:42:53+00:00

Hello,

I'm having trouble with some BSOD in the last few weeks. They happen at random times, usually with KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED message, and in a few of them Ndu.sys seems to be the cause. No idea how to fix, I already tried updating drivers, firmware, deleting some software I installed recently but it still happens. Last time was a few minutes ago. I have the minidump file if needed.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-22T03:53:18+00:00

    The only thing I didn't do was flash my BIOS. I didn't set my CPU, either. The applicable others I'd done before--and you're Bitdefender can definitely be a problem, so that's long gone. Malwarebytes seems to have been the big problem, though. I haven't had an error message since I uninstalled it. In fact, the computer runs better, period, since then. Updates don't scare me as much now! And...why did I say that? Gotta go knock on wood now...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-17T14:56:45+00:00

    Avast can be weird, too, but not nearly as disruptive as Malwarebytes. When Avast gets cranky, I know what to do and it usually resolves quickly. But Malwarebytes was too invasive. I've switched to Webroot, BTW, because Carbonite offers that for free with my subscription. And so far, it has been seamless. I'd used it before, actually, but switched back to Avast a couple of years ago. So far, so good...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-13T21:11:10+00:00

    Any luck? I've uninstalled software, updated drives, should I try deleting the ndu.sys file? 

    There's an article that tells you how to rename that file safely, instead of deleting it. It actually tells you lots of ways to deal with this issue. It might help you:

    http://windowsbulletin.com/how-to-repair-ndu-sys-bsod-error/

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-04T00:07:50+00:00

    Hm, this is very interesting. I'll try and look more into it and might as well remove the program for a while to see if it helps, because unfortunately nothing else is working.

    Thanks for the input, Mike!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments