Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3992, Faulting module name: CONCRT140_APP.dll

Anonymous
2024-01-18T14:22:45+00:00

Hello

Since the last cumulative update for Windows 10 22H2 , 9 January 2024 , and the latest Microsoft store applications updates , I experienced this issue : every time I run Calculator , Calendar , Voice recorder ......... etc , then this apps crash after 1 second from when I open it. it is not fully executed . Please someone could help me to find the the cause of the problem . uploading some type of log so I can analyze it? Thank you

the registry in Event Viewer is :

Faulting application name: CalculatorApp.exe, version: 11.2307.4.0, time stamp: 0x64da6075

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3992, time stamp: 0xb756c9ff

Exception code: 0x00001007

Fault offset: 0x000000000012d952

Faulting process id: 0x19ec

Faulting application start time: 0x01da4a1498d1d0eb

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_11.2307.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\CalculatorApp.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: c620f65c-b205-4c7b-bcfb-f540a53f0553

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_11.2307.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

..............................................................................................................................................................

Faulting application name: HxCalendarAppImm.exe, version: 16.0.14326.21776, time stamp: 0x657cc142

Faulting module name: CONCRT140_APP.dll, version: 14.39.33321.0, time stamp: 0xd07ef3fe

Exception code: 0xc000001d

Fault offset: 0x00000000000166f4

Faulting process id: 0x2594

Faulting application start time: 0x01da4a18f4b5007e

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.14326.21778.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\HxCalendarAppImm.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.33321.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\CONCRT140_APP.dll

Report Id: 04a11c7e-9b6b-4ab8-9f39-fd391fbc884b

Faulting package full name: microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.14326.21778.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

.............................................................................................................................

Faulting application name: SoundRec.exe, version: 10.2103.28.0, time stamp: 0x60622fa3

Faulting module name: CONCRT140_APP.dll, version: 14.39.33321.0, time stamp: 0xd07ef3fe

Exception code: 0xc000001d

Fault offset: 0x00000000000166f4

Faulting process id: 0x16a0

Faulting application start time: 0x01da4a196b6c87a5

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder_10.2103.28.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\SoundRec.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.33321.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\CONCRT140_APP.dll

Report Id: 7669cab9-8eb9-4f57-9821-4e10533541d4

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder_10.2103.28.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-01-28T15:58:59+00:00

Asphalt 9 app also stopped working after 23rd Windows update, which is not a Microsoft app. Crash log says because of CONCRT140_APP.dll. On 2 computers:

core i5-1135G7, windows 11: microsoft apps work but other store apps like Asphalt 9 stopped working after 23rd update

core2duo E8400, windows 10: most apps stopped working

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-01-18T15:58:20+00:00

    Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    Click the link below, on that page is a multi-installer for the Visual C++ 2015 - 2022 redistributables.

    Please Note, regardless of whether your version of Windows 10 is 32bit or 64bit, you must download and install both the x86 and x64 versions, do not try to install the ARM64 version:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/297700...

    Then, restart (not shut down) your PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T12:43:23+00:00

    Hi DaveM121 , thank you for you reply

    I already did that same thing , and unfortunately , still the same . It hasn't solved it

    I'm frustrated . I don't know the way to find out what happened .

    Is there any utility for create a more detailed log and be able to find out the cause ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-01-19T12:44:52+00:00

    Did you install both the x86 and x64bit versions of the 2015 redistributable?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-25T18:28:23+00:00

    I have the same problem and the solution does not work. I'm going crazy!

    I have installed both versions x86 and x64

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments