Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3992, Faulting module name: CONCRT140_APP.dll

Anonymous
2024-01-18T14:22:45+00:00

Hello

Since the last cumulative update for Windows 10 22H2 , 9 January 2024 , and the latest Microsoft store applications updates , I experienced this issue : every time I run Calculator , Calendar , Voice recorder ......... etc , then this apps crash after 1 second from when I open it. it is not fully executed . Please someone could help me to find the the cause of the problem . uploading some type of log so I can analyze it? Thank you

the registry in Event Viewer is :

Faulting application name: CalculatorApp.exe, version: 11.2307.4.0, time stamp: 0x64da6075

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3992, time stamp: 0xb756c9ff

Exception code: 0x00001007

Fault offset: 0x000000000012d952

Faulting process id: 0x19ec

Faulting application start time: 0x01da4a1498d1d0eb

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_11.2307.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\CalculatorApp.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: c620f65c-b205-4c7b-bcfb-f540a53f0553

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_11.2307.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

..............................................................................................................................................................

Faulting application name: HxCalendarAppImm.exe, version: 16.0.14326.21776, time stamp: 0x657cc142

Faulting module name: CONCRT140_APP.dll, version: 14.39.33321.0, time stamp: 0xd07ef3fe

Exception code: 0xc000001d

Fault offset: 0x00000000000166f4

Faulting process id: 0x2594

Faulting application start time: 0x01da4a18f4b5007e

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.14326.21778.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\HxCalendarAppImm.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.33321.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\CONCRT140_APP.dll

Report Id: 04a11c7e-9b6b-4ab8-9f39-fd391fbc884b

Faulting package full name: microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.14326.21778.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

.............................................................................................................................

Faulting application name: SoundRec.exe, version: 10.2103.28.0, time stamp: 0x60622fa3

Faulting module name: CONCRT140_APP.dll, version: 14.39.33321.0, time stamp: 0xd07ef3fe

Exception code: 0xc000001d

Fault offset: 0x00000000000166f4

Faulting process id: 0x16a0

Faulting application start time: 0x01da4a196b6c87a5

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder_10.2103.28.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\SoundRec.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.33321.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\CONCRT140_APP.dll

Report Id: 7669cab9-8eb9-4f57-9821-4e10533541d4

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder_10.2103.28.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-01-28T15:58:59+00:00

Asphalt 9 app also stopped working after 23rd Windows update, which is not a Microsoft app. Crash log says because of CONCRT140_APP.dll. On 2 computers:

core i5-1135G7, windows 11: microsoft apps work but other store apps like Asphalt 9 stopped working after 23rd update

core2duo E8400, windows 10: most apps stopped working

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-02T17:32:43+00:00

    Yes, I can confirm that the fix for the Visual C++ Intel SSE4.2 bug works, but I'm not going to link to it because it's not official.

    The problem is caused by Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.33321.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe (found in your WindowsApps folder), and a new Microsoft Visual C++ UWP Runtime Package will resolve this Intel SSE4.2 bug that was introduced in Visual C++ on 64-bit Windows. Everyone just needs to wait for Microsoft to deploy the fix.

    So, I believe everyone in here has reason to relax: the fix is coming.Image

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-02T17:26:37+00:00

    Indeed. The best way solving this is seems to delete those Microsoft app's. There are at least for the Calculator enough alternatives available, like this one: https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9WZDNCRFHWXL?hl=en-US&gl=US

    I use Microsoft Software from day one on (guess, it is now for more than 4 decades) and I got more and more the feeling I'm not longer compatible with them - at least I'm on the way to break with Microsoft step by step. Not, because I want - no, because they push me with all those irritating behaviors from the past in this direction.

    Anyway, all this frustration won't change anything, especially for such a simple app like a calculator where developer think it is an highly sophisticated program that needs to have newest hard- and software technology as minimum requirement for using it. In the end it is as plain as it can be: They are pushing windows users to Windows 11 w/o any compromise and consideration the hard way.

    My two cents on this annoying topic.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-02T16:09:42+00:00

    See this thread, which may help, and a possible solution.

    Microsoft Photos: File system error (-2147219196) - Microsoft Community

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments