WHERE IS THE BUTTON
xboxpcappft.exe bad image
xboxpcappft.exe bad image error in endless loop at startup
System is windows 11 s mode.
Cannot resolve using suggested methods unless system is taken out of s mode.
Problem started after windows update, KB unknown.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-02-13T01:45:44+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-01-26T20:49:20+00:00 from settings, navigate to apps, there go to installed apps and search xbox app. Then press the 3 dots icon (...) and advanced options. There is a repair app button that fixes the issue.
-
Anonymous
2024-01-25T22:46:26+00:00 This was a fix to a parent's pc so I do not have the pc in front of me, but what I recall doing (and probably frowned upon).
Deleted gameplatformservices.dll (yes you cannot run the command line but you can still delete system files! lol)
Rebooted
Went into settings and turned off the xbox app.
Kind of a hack but it worked.
-
Anonymous
2024-01-25T22:15:34+00:00 You can't run CMD as administrator in S mode. That means there seems to be no known way to fix anything in Windows 11 S mode because there is no way to get out of S mode. I have tried everything. Suggestions?
-
Anonymous
2024-01-24T20:32:28+00:00 Hi, I would just like to say that neither of these worked.
Thanks