What worked for me - set this registry to 1
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Copilot\BingChat]
"IsUserEligible"=dword:00000001
Then go to Taskbar Settings. Disable and Enable Copilot.
DONE.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hey everyone!
I heard that Copilot was officially released, yet I still don't see it on my laptop. I've tried looking everywhere, and still can't seem to see why it isn't there. Any help will be appreciated, and I'll drop some device specs below. Thanks :)
[
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA (Product is supported here, or at least it should be)
- I AM signed into a Microsoft Account - NOT a local account
I watched a few videos on how to get it back, but none worked. Let me show you what I'm seeing from my end:
[
\*Notice how the option is completely missing\*
*As you can see, I still see the "ShowCortanaButton" option, instead of where the new "ShowCopilotButton" key should be located.
Help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
What worked for me - set this registry to 1
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Copilot\BingChat]
"IsUserEligible"=dword:00000001
Then go to Taskbar Settings. Disable and Enable Copilot.
DONE.
Hello! I'm Jen, and I'd be happy to help you out with this issue.
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Windows Copilot is being released on a phased basis so not all users will receive it immediately with that update. According to Microsoft, this feature is being released in preview to select global markets as part of the latest update to Windows 11. The initial markets for the Copilot in Windows preview include some areas in North America and parts of Asia and South America. It is their intention to add additional markets over time.
I hope this information helps. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll be glad to assist you further.
Best Regards!
Jen :)
I’ve noticed that Windows Copilot has disappeared from my start bar for some time. Despite trying various solutions, I haven’t had any luck. However, I stumbled upon something interesting on my system. If I reboot my computer while disconnected from Ethernet and only reconnect after login, Copilot consistently shows up after login.
Interesting finding. 👍 Perhaps this statement will help to find the real problem.
Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.
I'm on Windows 11 Pro 23H2. Copilot never showed up as an option to be set in Personalization > Taskbar or as a shortcut on the taskbar or launch using Win +C
I tried various things and this is what worked:
- Regedit: Navigate to:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
- Select ShowCopilotButton
- Set to: Value 2
- Launch Local Group Policy Editor. gpedit.exe
- Navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Copilot
- Set Turn off Windows Copilot to Disabled.
- Reboot.
After reboot, copilot appeared on the taskbar, appeared in the Personalize taskbar settings as an option to turn off/on. Win +C still does not work, but I can live with that.
The regedit value after reboot changed to 1, so don't know if setting it to 2 really did anything. The group policy edit may have been the fix.
Hello RAS8336
Thank you very much for the input. I know this setting, but have not (yet) used it.
I'll do some more research here and then maybe try it too.
For me, it is actually not logical if a private user has to intervene in the group policy. But if it helps...😉
Best regards
Andreas