Windows Copilot not showing and is missing from settings

Anonymous
2024-01-02T23:16:22+00:00

Hey everyone!

I heard that Copilot was officially released, yet I still don't see it on my laptop. I've tried looking everywhere, and still can't seem to see why it isn't there. Any help will be appreciated, and I'll drop some device specs below. Thanks :)


I watched a few videos on how to get it back, but none worked. Let me show you what I'm seeing from my end:

  • Taskbar settings:
        [![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/18c4cd73-29a3-4258-96c1-56e2a566880d?platform=QnA "filestore.community.support.microsoft.com")  
    
                     \*Notice how the option is completely missing\*
    
  • Opening the Run window and inserting: microsoft-edge://?ux=copilot&tcp=1&source=taskbar:
    • Doing this just results in a Microsoft Edge tab opening. No sign of Copilot
  • Checking the Sys Registry for "ShowCopilotButton":

*As you can see, I still see the "ShowCortanaButton" option, instead of where the new "ShowCopilotButton" key should be located.

  • Attempting the shortcut "⊞ (windows key) + C", nothing happens

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-01-30T20:47:40+00:00

What worked for me - set this registry to 1

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Copilot\BingChat]

"IsUserEligible"=dword:00000001

Then go to Taskbar Settings. Disable and Enable Copilot.

DONE.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-01-03T02:51:11+00:00

Hello! I'm Jen, and I'd be happy to help you out with this issue.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Windows Copilot is being released on a phased basis so not all users will receive it immediately with that update. According to Microsoft, this feature is being released in preview to select global markets as part of the latest update to Windows 11. The initial markets for the Copilot in Windows preview include some areas in North America and parts of Asia and South America. It is their intention to add additional markets over time.

I hope this information helps. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll be glad to assist you further.

Best Regards!

Jen :)

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-27T04:21:34+00:00

    i dont even have Copilot inside Shell

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-27T04:18:54+00:00

    Hello Jen,

    I'm actually facing the same problem on my windows 11 new laptop while i have another old laptop that has windows 10 on it but i have copilot there, my windows 11 version is 22H2 for some reason and when i check for updates it says im up to date idk if thats the problem or not

    Note: i have two different Microsoft accounts on these laptops

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-19T21:12:52+00:00

    Thanks. I tried many methods but only yours worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments