KB5034123 is impossible

Anonymous
2024-01-10T11:19:24+00:00

I can't get this latest update to install even from the manual download and the safe mode. I've been using MS OS before Windows was launched, and every Win version since.  Some things seem never to change.  I don't want to iterate all the fixes I've tried but I can assure you I have. I don't code anymore - not take I could fix it - but I would probably class myself as an occasional power user.

It stalls at 70% EVERY time. I tried almost everything detailed on MS web resources (I'm sure there are some obscure solutions promulgated, but not for me) and just tried a manual download (that works) and a Safe Mode install (that failed).

Windows 11 seems to work just fine. All my apps launch and run OK, but this update is a complete failure at this point.

Does anyone have an authoritative answer from MS that works?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-10T01:14:49+00:00

    I just disregarded it.

    However, I recently replaced my 256gb SSD with a 2TB SSD and decided to just to a clean install of Windows 11 as it had been over 5 years since I got this system. Naturally, it's not for the faint of heart with all the programs that have to be noted before doing a new install and then having to reinstall everything.

    But it was worth it. System is screaming fast now and I don't have any issues with any KB updates. All caught up!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-10T16:34:20+00:00

    I LOVE how a clean install “revives” a machine! Used to do that yearly when systems were smaller. Glad things going well! I am going to drop off this question. Plenty of good info for people to follow now! Happy Saturday!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-11T13:54:10+00:00

    heres what finally worked on my asus laptop (dell updated fine} i disabled my vpn disabled my virus scanner and disabled blue tooth. my i phone was paired with my computer for some reason. started update and to my amazment it updated both 22h2 and 23h2 . its worth trying it worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T16:26:11+00:00

    Sorry but I have just tried to install the update 3 times and failed, Like others I am sick and tired of these duff updates and no responce from Microsoft. I should have stayed on Win 10 and left it until 12 came out and only then considered an update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T19:05:06+00:00

    Forgot to add this here:

    Perform an in-place upgrade, folks. It keeps all your files and settings, except for some minor things (like having to reenable the "show more" in the transfering files dialog box). That's what finally fixed for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments