KB5034123 is impossible

Anonymous
2024-01-10T11:19:24+00:00

I can't get this latest update to install even from the manual download and the safe mode. I've been using MS OS before Windows was launched, and every Win version since.  Some things seem never to change.  I don't want to iterate all the fixes I've tried but I can assure you I have. I don't code anymore - not take I could fix it - but I would probably class myself as an occasional power user.

It stalls at 70% EVERY time. I tried almost everything detailed on MS web resources (I'm sure there are some obscure solutions promulgated, but not for me) and just tried a manual download (that works) and a Safe Mode install (that failed).

Windows 11 seems to work just fine. All my apps launch and run OK, but this update is a complete failure at this point.

Does anyone have an authoritative answer from MS that works?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-25T02:21:09+00:00
    1. Open the Microsoft Download Center page.
    2. Save the wushowhide. diagcab file on the computer.
    3. Double-click the “. ...
    4. Click the Next button.
    5. Click the Hide updates option.
    6. Select the Windows 11 update to hide from the system.
    7. Click the Next button.
    8. Click the Close button.

    You might want to delete the update files that did not work and you can do a search here in this community to get those instructions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-25T03:49:21+00:00

    I just don't understand why a company that I have been involved with since MS-DOS 1.0, actually bought from a booth where Bill Gates in shorts & polo shirt was selling it, can fail at creating flawless updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-25T04:42:48+00:00

    It is frustrating. I expect issues with rollouts. It is practically impossible to have one be flawless - and that is acceptable if they would just communicate. It is just hard to figure out what solutions are even helping since the community has so many different threads on this problem. It will get fixed. Just hope a lot of folks haven’t made their situation worse by following some of the really nonsensical complicated things that have been posted. 😳 Hang in there!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-25T04:55:45+00:00

    Agreed. At the very least, Microsoft should have 'ignore' checkbox next to KB updates with a separated tab for 'ignored' updates which could be 'un-ignored'. Then when you've hit a serious issue with an update and have to do a system restore to an earlier restore point just to get your system working again, you are being told to install a 'faulty' update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-25T14:21:16+00:00

    I cannot ignore, delay or stop this messy update. Microsoft has removed the option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments