KB5034123 is impossible

Anonymous
2024-01-10T11:19:24+00:00

I can't get this latest update to install even from the manual download and the safe mode. I've been using MS OS before Windows was launched, and every Win version since.  Some things seem never to change.  I don't want to iterate all the fixes I've tried but I can assure you I have. I don't code anymore - not take I could fix it - but I would probably class myself as an occasional power user.

It stalls at 70% EVERY time. I tried almost everything detailed on MS web resources (I'm sure there are some obscure solutions promulgated, but not for me) and just tried a manual download (that works) and a Safe Mode install (that failed).

Windows 11 seems to work just fine. All my apps launch and run OK, but this update is a complete failure at this point.

Does anyone have an authoritative answer from MS that works?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T03:53:43+00:00

    this common behavoir for updates has forced me to buy an m2 mac laptop. I have had a pretty seemles transition and evrything works like its supposed to. enough is enough.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T01:47:28+00:00

    Same problem here. Don’t think it’s an isolated issue for sure. Downloads and fails during install even manually downloading update with stand alone installer. Please fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T16:02:49+00:00

    I started this conversation days ago related to the same problem and have a few more details documented:

    https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2501462-kb5034123-failing-on-a-wide-variety-of-windows-11-pcs?page=1#entry-10477346

    I

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T17:18:40+00:00

    Exactly. Stops at around 70%. I have tried everything. All suggestions. Maybe end users should sit under a full moon with a campfire, throw some feathers in the fire and pray to the patch gods to be merciful. AAARRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T04:28:26+00:00

    please define some time

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments