Derek,
Obviously, you totally missed the point. Even as an experience person in technology, MS Updates cause us problems which 'even we' can't resolved. Good luck to a neophyte.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I can't get this latest update to install even from the manual download and the safe mode. I've been using MS OS before Windows was launched, and every Win version since. Some things seem never to change. I don't want to iterate all the fixes I've tried but I can assure you I have. I don't code anymore - not take I could fix it - but I would probably class myself as an occasional power user.
It stalls at 70% EVERY time. I tried almost everything detailed on MS web resources (I'm sure there are some obscure solutions promulgated, but not for me) and just tried a manual download (that works) and a Safe Mode install (that failed).
Windows 11 seems to work just fine. All my apps launch and run OK, but this update is a complete failure at this point.
Does anyone have an authoritative answer from MS that works?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Derek,
Obviously, you totally missed the point. Even as an experience person in technology, MS Updates cause us problems which 'even we' can't resolved. Good luck to a neophyte.
Cliff,
I've been in technology since the mid-70's. I've owned a networking company for 15 years and a computer consulting firm for almost 10 years. I've owned a website development firm for 22 years now. I do have a fairly strong grasp of computer technology.
But what Microsoft does with their updates is simply dumbfounding. While most updates work flawlessly, every year or two, you'll find one that causes havoc with systems. In my case with this update, it was that upon rebooting and logging, in the screen blinked constantly, actually refreshing as I couldn't click into anything. I consider this a major boondoggle. Fortunately, I have learned that before you install a KB update or a Windows OS update, ALWAY, and I mean, ALWAYS, created a restore point. It only takes a couple minutes but it can save your butt when the **** hits the wall, display wall. LOL
Amazing. All those years you peacocked, and you didn't even give him a useful answer. Backing up has nothing to do with updates not working. Boondoggle your way outta here
Cliff,
I've been in technology since the mid-70's. I've owned a networking company for 15 years and a computer consulting firm for almost 10 years. I've owned a website development firm for 22 years now. I do have a fairly strong grasp of computer technology.
But what Microsoft does with their updates is simply dumbfounding. While most updates work flawlessly, every year or two, you'll find one that causes havoc with systems. In my case with this update, it was that upon rebooting and logging, in the screen blinked constantly, actually refreshing as I couldn't click into anything. I consider this a major boondoggle. Fortunately, I have learned that before you install a KB update or a Windows OS update, ALWAY, and I mean, ALWAYS, created a restore point. It only takes a couple minutes but it can save your butt when the **** hits the wall, display wall. LOL
Yes, Understood- I am not confident which updates are necessary and which can be "hidden".
This seems like a shortcut in a video game from YEARS gone by.
WOW- The replies from very disappointing users is almost reassuring. I am not very tech-savvy and thought I was just a loser. Obviously there are very capable and talented people having touble with this problem. It is hard in this day and age to understand why these inferior products aren't repaired before they are passed/pushed to the public. Why does the process take so long to be replaced/repaired? People used to be worried about losing their jobs.