KB5034123 is impossible

Anonymous
2024-01-10T11:19:24+00:00

I can't get this latest update to install even from the manual download and the safe mode. I've been using MS OS before Windows was launched, and every Win version since.  Some things seem never to change.  I don't want to iterate all the fixes I've tried but I can assure you I have. I don't code anymore - not take I could fix it - but I would probably class myself as an occasional power user.

It stalls at 70% EVERY time. I tried almost everything detailed on MS web resources (I'm sure there are some obscure solutions promulgated, but not for me) and just tried a manual download (that works) and a Safe Mode install (that failed).

Windows 11 seems to work just fine. All my apps launch and run OK, but this update is a complete failure at this point.

Does anyone have an authoritative answer from MS that works?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-10T01:14:49+00:00

    I just disregarded it.

    However, I recently replaced my 256gb SSD with a 2TB SSD and decided to just to a clean install of Windows 11 as it had been over 5 years since I got this system. Naturally, it's not for the faint of heart with all the programs that have to be noted before doing a new install and then having to reinstall everything.

    But it was worth it. System is screaming fast now and I don't have any issues with any KB updates. All caught up!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-09T20:40:09+00:00

    Do you mean it keeps trying to automatically download and install? Sorry if I am misunderstanding. But there is a way to stop that if it is the issue you are experiencing. So sorry you are having continuing issues!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-08T05:18:20+00:00

    Same here. The KB5034123 installs no oproblem. But then...the computer almost disabled. The mouse clicks, left and right, dln't work, the screen goes black and nothingf works. Have to push the power button to turn the computer off. Only way out is to resteore an "image," thanks goodness for that. Without that the machine would be DEAD. Have found no way to STOP: this terrible KB5034123 from coming back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-05T03:48:43+00:00

    I had to ultimately roll back to the earliest 11 version then I deleted all the old download files After that I downloaded as you did and I started the download immediately and it set up like a charm. I don’t know whether the older downloads mattered but I just wanted nothing in the folder except the 11 23. I have left my machine to NOT do automatic updates. I will just wait if any show up and see if there are issues before I allow the update. This was really a time consuming and frustrating process that I don’t want to revisit. Especially at tax time - lol!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-03T18:34:22+00:00

    The only way I was able to resolve the issue was by reinstalling Windows 11 from a USB, then when I tried to install the update KB 5034123, instead of hanging at 88-96 % getting that something has happened, it went to 100% and installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments