Yes, Understood- I am not confident which updates are necessary and which can be "hidden".
This seems like a shortcut in a video game from YEARS gone by.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I can't get this latest update to install even from the manual download and the safe mode. I've been using MS OS before Windows was launched, and every Win version since. Some things seem never to change. I don't want to iterate all the fixes I've tried but I can assure you I have. I don't code anymore - not take I could fix it - but I would probably class myself as an occasional power user.
It stalls at 70% EVERY time. I tried almost everything detailed on MS web resources (I'm sure there are some obscure solutions promulgated, but not for me) and just tried a manual download (that works) and a Safe Mode install (that failed).
Windows 11 seems to work just fine. All my apps launch and run OK, but this update is a complete failure at this point.
Does anyone have an authoritative answer from MS that works?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yes, Understood- I am not confident which updates are necessary and which can be "hidden".
This seems like a shortcut in a video game from YEARS gone by.
WOW- The replies from very disappointing users is almost reassuring. I am not very tech-savvy and thought I was just a loser. Obviously there are very capable and talented people having touble with this problem. It is hard in this day and age to understand why these inferior products aren't repaired before they are passed/pushed to the public. Why does the process take so long to be replaced/repaired? People used to be worried about losing their jobs.
It is possible to hide the update and in settings you can stop automatic download/installs. Please scroll back through this thread or search the community. It isn’t hard to do either. Once it fails to install things get a bit harder to undo but it is still possible. So very sorry you are dealing with this. Life is challenging enough without this kind of hassle.
I cannot ignore, delay or stop this messy update. Microsoft has removed the option.
It is frustrating. I expect issues with rollouts. It is practically impossible to have one be flawless - and that is acceptable if they would just communicate. It is just hard to figure out what solutions are even helping since the community has so many different threads on this problem. It will get fixed. Just hope a lot of folks haven’t made their situation worse by following some of the really nonsensical complicated things that have been posted. 😳 Hang in there!!