KB5034123 is impossible

Anonymous
2024-01-10T11:19:24+00:00

I can't get this latest update to install even from the manual download and the safe mode. I've been using MS OS before Windows was launched, and every Win version since.  Some things seem never to change.  I don't want to iterate all the fixes I've tried but I can assure you I have. I don't code anymore - not take I could fix it - but I would probably class myself as an occasional power user.

It stalls at 70% EVERY time. I tried almost everything detailed on MS web resources (I'm sure there are some obscure solutions promulgated, but not for me) and just tried a manual download (that works) and a Safe Mode install (that failed).

Windows 11 seems to work just fine. All my apps launch and run OK, but this update is a complete failure at this point.

Does anyone have an authoritative answer from MS that works?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T16:29:33+00:00

    I did in place repairs to fix my affected devices. I was tired of digging into the issue and hunting/waiting for a fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T16:22:48+00:00

    I have the same problem. I tried everything i can find online. There is something wrong with that update package.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T13:09:51+00:00

    Ive dealt with update issues on and off for years. Manual installs, work arounds, etc just to use the product i own. Seems to be issues mainly with asus both with laptops and main desktops. my dell xps updated ok. this is why i am finally transitioning to Mac. Apple has advanced thier gaming capabilitys and i can play Baldars gate without problem. Just tired of the update run a round with M.S.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T05:52:48+00:00

    I have the same issue, installation of KB5034123 is getting failed through patch management tool.

    But successfully installed on workgroup computers which are not part of the domain environments.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T16:02:49+00:00

    I started this conversation days ago related to the same problem and have a few more details documented:

    https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2501462-kb5034123-failing-on-a-wide-variety-of-windows-11-pcs?page=1#entry-10477346

    I

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments