Agreed. At the very least, Microsoft should have 'ignore' checkbox next to KB updates with a separated tab for 'ignored' updates which could be 'un-ignored'. Then when you've hit a serious issue with an update and have to do a system restore to an earlier restore point just to get your system working again, you are being told to install a 'faulty' update.
KB5034123 is impossible
I can't get this latest update to install even from the manual download and the safe mode. I've been using MS OS before Windows was launched, and every Win version since. Some things seem never to change. I don't want to iterate all the fixes I've tried but I can assure you I have. I don't code anymore - not take I could fix it - but I would probably class myself as an occasional power user.
It stalls at 70% EVERY time. I tried almost everything detailed on MS web resources (I'm sure there are some obscure solutions promulgated, but not for me) and just tried a manual download (that works) and a Safe Mode install (that failed).
Windows 11 seems to work just fine. All my apps launch and run OK, but this update is a complete failure at this point.
Does anyone have an authoritative answer from MS that works?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-01-25T04:55:45+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-01-17T17:18:40+00:00 Exactly. Stops at around 70%. I have tried everything. All suggestions. Maybe end users should sit under a full moon with a campfire, throw some feathers in the fire and pray to the patch gods to be merciful. AAARRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Anonymous
2024-01-16T03:53:43+00:00 this common behavoir for updates has forced me to buy an m2 mac laptop. I have had a pretty seemles transition and evrything works like its supposed to. enough is enough.
-
Anonymous
2024-01-18T18:29:49+00:00 I wish Microsoft would officially say SOMETHING. Even “we hear you and are working to resolve”. I did finally get to Windows 11.23 and that was a major hurdle. Just frustrating to come to the community and not instead be getting something official from MS. I can understand the folks in this and other threads heading over to Apple but the expense of that line of products is very very high and you can forget fixing small problems yourself. In addition the file “”structure is ridiculous. I can’t tell you how many friends on Macs have reached out to me for help because they have “lost” a file. I go in and they have saved it multiple times and just don’t know how to find it. 😞 I will continue with PC but I sure wish someone could give MS a true run for their money. The bloat is real. And don’t even get me started on their AI mess.
-
Anonymous
2024-01-18T04:28:26+00:00 please define some time