I have tried few solutions from other microsoft forums but i ended up with windows update tab is completely broken and just loading forever
Unable to install 2024-01 Cumulative Updates for Windows 11
I've tried the Windows Troubleshooter, and I disabled Malwarebytes (I primarily use Windows Defender, so I didn't need it running as well), and I've tried restarting a couple times.
But the following two updates refuse to install, and I keep receiving error code 0x80070020 for:
- 2024-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034123)
- 2024-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 (KB5033920)
What do I need to do, to get these updates to install?
I'm running Windows 11 Home (version 22H2).
Not sure if it's extraneous info but my processor is a 12th Gen Intel i7, with 32GB of RAM.
Many thanks,
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-02-02T19:48:50+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-02-02T00:08:45+00:00 It downloads, it fails, it downloads, it fails,downloads, it fails adnauseum
I guess Microsoft are asking us to turn off updates?
What a p*ss poor outfit are Microsoft becoming?
-
Anonymous
2024-02-01T18:32:19+00:00 indeed
-
Anonymous
2024-01-27T18:51:09+00:00 So this is a common error in cumulative updates of windows 11 not on my laptop or my windows copy???
-
Anonymous
2024-01-27T13:18:54+00:00 Unfortunately, this is still an issue. After seeing a successful update completed, I assumed the update was corrected. Now I’m back to “square one.” Hopefully Microsoft can figure out their update.