How to import photos onto PC and not onto OneDrive

Anonymous
2024-01-19T01:05:17+00:00

I'm using Windows 11.

When I plug in my phone it opens the Photos app. But when I hit "import", the only location option is to download photos into a OneDrive folder. I don't have enough space on OneDrive for the photos. If I try to proceed anyways, it freezes my computer. I just want to download photos locally onto my PC so that I can move them to an external hard drive. Please help!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T23:58:27+00:00

    I went to the folder suggested using the protocol but found only a few images rather than the thousands that are on my iphone. How do I view the iphone images (iPhone 11) on my laptop. The phone is linked to my lap top by a cable and I have clicked the share button in the lower right when plugged in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-28T15:51:16+00:00

    Thanks Martin, I will give this a try. Dar

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-30T06:34:20+00:00

    Martin's solution was not helpful at all. I was about to throw out my laptop with frustration. Thanks to Gunshot who saved my laptop!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-07T16:52:56+00:00

    Open photos app and look at the top left there is three bars or three horizontal lines, click that and at the right of the word Gallery you will find an add folder option, click on it and create a folder on your local disk. Enjoy :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T16:58:54+00:00

    The whole point of the question is that the new import window DOES NOT allow selecting a new destination file the way that it used to. The only options are located in OneDrive. Beyond creating a new subfolder in OneDrive, there is no way to select a new destination. The problem with just copying files is that it doesn't usually migrate with the same date and time identifiers that comes with the images when importing the photos.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments