How to import photos onto PC and not onto OneDrive

Anonymous
2024-01-19T01:05:17+00:00

I'm using Windows 11.

When I plug in my phone it opens the Photos app. But when I hit "import", the only location option is to download photos into a OneDrive folder. I don't have enough space on OneDrive for the photos. If I try to proceed anyways, it freezes my computer. I just want to download photos locally onto my PC so that I can move them to an external hard drive. Please help!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-14T21:07:16+00:00

    Hello,

    Just had the same problem and figured it out.

    When opening the Photos application on windows complete these steps to add a new file for your computer hard drive, for importing.

    • locate folders on the left hand side under the three lines tab,
    • left click Folders, add your desired folder there
    • then go to import and your file will be there for selection

    May your feet never step on a LEGO again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-21T12:50:17+00:00

    When I insert a memory card from my camera into the USB ( proper slot) in my P.C. nothing happens after using it for years. My lap top works fine with same memory chip and imports photos as usual.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T12:35:06+00:00

    I don't have a cell phone so using Sony digital camera and I do not want to upload to one-drive as it is fraudelently making me pay fees for more storage!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T14:40:54+00:00

    I am sorry but I don't use a phone to take my photos. I use a Sony digital camera.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-04T12:39:01+00:00

    you need to add folder before you start import. So first click on 3 lines to expand left hand side bars. then click on Folders. it will open Folder in to right hand side panel and there you should see add a folder button with plus sign in it. From there it is straight forward.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments