How to import photos onto PC and not onto OneDrive

Anonymous
2024-01-19T01:05:17+00:00

I'm using Windows 11.

When I plug in my phone it opens the Photos app. But when I hit "import", the only location option is to download photos into a OneDrive folder. I don't have enough space on OneDrive for the photos. If I try to proceed anyways, it freezes my computer. I just want to download photos locally onto my PC so that I can move them to an external hard drive. Please help!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-15T02:21:33+00:00

    I cannot add a folder outside of onedrive...how do I upload my phone pics just on my PC, not in icloud or onedrive? this is crazy

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-18T18:55:56+00:00

    No gunsht is right, you do exactly what he says on the left in the "folders" section. When you left click "Folders" it lets you "create" a new folder from your desktop or external hard drive. That way when you go to click "important" the new folder you made on your desktop or hard drive is a non one drive downloadable option location. Worked for me. Why someone named gunshot knows more than Microsoft is wild.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-23T08:10:07+00:00

    You are a godsend Gunshot thank you so much

    Also have to make sure that the folder that you make is made within your computer and doesn't have that cloud icon next to it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-23T20:32:16+00:00

    Thanks! There's another Windows 10 feature that got eliminated with Windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-06T21:55:56+00:00

    Thank you! Photos, photo viewer are a pain @ times!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments