Thank you! Photos, photo viewer are a pain @ times!!
How to import photos onto PC and not onto OneDrive
I'm using Windows 11.
When I plug in my phone it opens the Photos app. But when I hit "import", the only location option is to download photos into a OneDrive folder. I don't have enough space on OneDrive for the photos. If I try to proceed anyways, it freezes my computer. I just want to download photos locally onto my PC so that I can move them to an external hard drive. Please help!
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-07-06T21:55:56+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-06-23T20:32:16+00:00 Thanks! There's another Windows 10 feature that got eliminated with Windows 11.
-
Anonymous
2024-06-23T08:10:07+00:00 You are a godsend Gunshot thank you so much
Also have to make sure that the folder that you make is made within your computer and doesn't have that cloud icon next to it.
-
Anonymous
2024-06-18T18:55:56+00:00 No gunsht is right, you do exactly what he says on the left in the "folders" section. When you left click "Folders" it lets you "create" a new folder from your desktop or external hard drive. That way when you go to click "important" the new folder you made on your desktop or hard drive is a non one drive downloadable option location. Worked for me. Why someone named gunshot knows more than Microsoft is wild.
-
Anonymous
2024-06-15T02:21:33+00:00 I cannot add a folder outside of onedrive...how do I upload my phone pics just on my PC, not in icloud or onedrive? this is crazy