How to import photos onto PC and not onto OneDrive

Anonymous
2024-01-19T01:05:17+00:00

I'm using Windows 11.

When I plug in my phone it opens the Photos app. But when I hit "import", the only location option is to download photos into a OneDrive folder. I don't have enough space on OneDrive for the photos. If I try to proceed anyways, it freezes my computer. I just want to download photos locally onto my PC so that I can move them to an external hard drive. Please help!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-25T12:52:10+00:00

    Unfortunately nothing comes up when I click on import after following these instructions. Any more advice would be much appreciated.

    I guess this is done to make people buy space on onedrive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-25T00:36:50+00:00

    Why cant i just save to my PC? Why is my desktop going to OneDrive?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T20:29:57+00:00

    Thank you for your reply. Basically my issue is the same however, legacy is responding better since I reinstalled again. Still a glitch or 2 but happy photos are importing even if it takes time to do so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-15T19:54:37+00:00

    I'm having a similar issue, worked fine on Monday. When I connect my phone to my laptop via USB legacy opens and identifies the photos. I am then prompted to select all or since last download. I always pick last download as I take a lot of photos for work. When I check the prompt for since last down load, the system freezes and eventually crashes. I now have to go the file in my se10, copy and paste into a file in my laptop. This has made my photo management a nightmare since the sorting option are not "DATE" specific. Instead of all dropping within the order they were taken they are spread all over the place.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T18:33:52+00:00

    Yes, this is the issue I’m having. Would love to remove Onedrive as the option to upload my photos!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments