How do I import pictures from my phone unto a USB?
How to import photos onto PC and not onto OneDrive
I'm using Windows 11.
When I plug in my phone it opens the Photos app. But when I hit "import", the only location option is to download photos into a OneDrive folder. I don't have enough space on OneDrive for the photos. If I try to proceed anyways, it freezes my computer. I just want to download photos locally onto my PC so that I can move them to an external hard drive. Please help!
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-02-27T14:30:01+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-02-15T20:02:04+00:00 The process seems to change randomly...but for now this is what I do to import from digital camera to laptop.
- Plug camera into laptop
- The folder list will load in
- Under "This PC" click on USB drive (D:)
- Click on the red/pink highlighted photo file icon in the taskbar
- Click on D:\
Photos from camera will load in so you can import to your photo file. Hope this helps!
-
Anonymous
2025-02-09T19:34:56+00:00 I want to move hijacked picture from the cloud to computer , They were hijacked by the cloud without my permission
-
Anonymous
2025-02-07T14:56:44+00:00 go to one drive setting click manage backup
deselect potos and vids
after try import again it gives u option to save local now
-
Anonymous
2025-02-02T08:56:22+00:00 I have just bought a new PC spent 2 days trying to upload my photos from my old PC I thought I was going mad, surely this type of blackmail is illegal, you have paid for a system and it does not do what you expect it to do. There even a folder for local photos but you can't put anything in there. My cloud is full and I cant receive or send e-mails.