How to import photos onto PC and not onto OneDrive

Anonymous
2024-01-19T01:05:17+00:00

I'm using Windows 11.

When I plug in my phone it opens the Photos app. But when I hit "import", the only location option is to download photos into a OneDrive folder. I don't have enough space on OneDrive for the photos. If I try to proceed anyways, it freezes my computer. I just want to download photos locally onto my PC so that I can move them to an external hard drive. Please help!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-18T08:40:58+00:00

    open device with memory card insert.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-18T08:39:21+00:00

    import photos from device

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-17T17:34:52+00:00

    Finally! Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-29T16:38:23+00:00

    on sky devices 4g lte im getting nowhere, my desktop wants to import photos, but i dont see how on phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-23T15:36:14+00:00

    Use Irfanview... much better

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments