How to import photos onto PC and not onto OneDrive

Anonymous
2024-01-19T01:05:17+00:00

I'm using Windows 11.

When I plug in my phone it opens the Photos app. But when I hit "import", the only location option is to download photos into a OneDrive folder. I don't have enough space on OneDrive for the photos. If I try to proceed anyways, it freezes my computer. I just want to download photos locally onto my PC so that I can move them to an external hard drive. Please help!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-09T23:37:31+00:00

    Literally saved me time and money, thank you so much! -Luke

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T23:15:14+00:00

    Hi, having the same issue. Try hitting add new folder, click on desired folder and doesn’t appear 😩 what do I need to do? This shouldn’t be this complicated!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-25T16:15:09+00:00

    Hi, the same problem. How can I deactivate my one drive to import picturesas first option? or how can switch to Photos app insted of one drive?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-12T22:40:58+00:00

    When I open the photos app I never get to see an import option.

    Where is that found

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-04T12:39:01+00:00

    you need to add folder before you start import. So first click on 3 lines to expand left hand side bars. then click on Folders. it will open Folder in to right hand side panel and there you should see add a folder button with plus sign in it. From there it is straight forward.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments