No gunsht is right, you do exactly what he says on the left in the "folders" section. When you left click "Folders" it lets you "create" a new folder from your desktop or external hard drive. That way when you go to click "important" the new folder you made on your desktop or hard drive is a non one drive downloadable option location. Worked for me. Why someone named gunshot knows more than Microsoft is wild.
How to import photos onto PC and not onto OneDrive
I'm using Windows 11.
When I plug in my phone it opens the Photos app. But when I hit "import", the only location option is to download photos into a OneDrive folder. I don't have enough space on OneDrive for the photos. If I try to proceed anyways, it freezes my computer. I just want to download photos locally onto my PC so that I can move them to an external hard drive. Please help!
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-06-18T18:55:56+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-11-23T01:20:33+00:00 Apparently not even that workes anymore. I just got a new laptop November 2024. I keep adding a new folder under my photos on the computer, making sure it's completely outside of onedrive (even though it keeps trying to make it a onedrive and I keep having to click off of it). Then when I go to download my photos, it has that very same folder I made, now listed as a onedrive cloud folder anyway.
This is really pissing me off. I just bought a very expensive computer, partly so I could dump my hundreds of GB of media onto it off of my phone. And it's seriously not letting me do it? I MUST buy a monthly subscription to ANOTHER thing just to have my things function? No way!
-
Anonymous
2024-07-14T21:07:16+00:00 Hello,
Just had the same problem and figured it out.
When opening the Photos application on windows complete these steps to add a new file for your computer hard drive, for importing.
- locate folders on the left hand side under the three lines tab,
- left click Folders, add your desired folder there
- then go to import and your file will be there for selection
May your feet never step on a LEGO again.
-
Anonymous
2024-12-07T16:52:56+00:00 Open photos app and look at the top left there is three bars or three horizontal lines, click that and at the right of the word Gallery you will find an add folder option, click on it and create a folder on your local disk. Enjoy :)
-
Anonymous
2024-06-23T08:10:07+00:00 You are a godsend Gunshot thank you so much
Also have to make sure that the folder that you make is made within your computer and doesn't have that cloud icon next to it.