How to stop the ms-gamingoverlay popup

Anonymous
2024-01-23T10:08:13+00:00

Essentially I havethis exact same problem just on windows 11 it pops up every time I open a game, the solution in that article doesn't work for me.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

54 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T21:49:21+00:00

    As of March 2025, this randomly starts to happen for me, and all the fixes don't work.

    WHY force Game Bar onto us at all? WHY are there 3+ XBox "Apps" default installed in Windows 11? My PC is in fact not a XBox.

    Who as M$ came up with this bull***?? Tried hours fixing this ****, im so tired of it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-20T21:50:42+00:00

    Kill Game Bar its total junk

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-06T00:58:11+00:00

    Fromreddit, it worked for me.

    To resolve this you can also use the powershell to edit the registry like this:

    reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR /f /t REG_DWORD /v "AppCaptureEnabled" /d 0
    reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore /f /t REG_DWORD /v "GameDVR_Enabled" /d 0
    

    This disables the game recorder software which seems to still think that the gaming overlay is still present.

    Thank you SionGreece. Your reg edit does still work. I had uninstalled GameBar and Xbox as I have no need. Then this annoying pop up every time I start the game with a link to the Microsoft store that was useless. After several days of searching and trying various suggestions ... this reg edit worked for me. A 1000 kudos sire.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-08T20:51:19+00:00

    I FOUND THE BEST SOLUTION ! install Fedora f!@#$ blindows BS

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-15T17:57:26+00:00

    Thank you Sion :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments