yeah, we don't want your dang gamebar. It's useless and we should not have to reinstall it.
How to stop the ms-gamingoverlay popup
Essentially I havethis exact same problem just on windows 11 it pops up every time I open a game, the solution in that article doesn't work for me.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
54 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-09-14T19:02:23+00:00 -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2024-08-05T18:24:18+00:00 Tried several online solutions, this is the only one that worked on my new Dell XPS8960. Thanks so much.
-
Anonymous
2024-07-12T22:49:18+00:00 > To resolve this you can also use the powershell to edit the registry like this:
Thank you. One million times thank you. It is very disturbing that Microsoft do not provide an option to do this, it's almost enough to make you think they're trying to force their Xbox ecosystem onto all of our systems.
-
Anonymous
2024-06-25T22:59:02+00:00 Hey, maybe a windows update stopped the reddit solution from working. I already got rid of gamebar. I've ran powershell as an administrator and plugged the the lines for the popup removal part, one at a time and it said complete. Then i restarted my pc, plugged a controller in and i would still get a popup message anyway. I've tried this method like 3 times with no luck. Any ideas on a fix? thanks if possible.