How to stop the ms-gamingoverlay popup

Anonymous
2024-01-23T10:08:13+00:00

Essentially I havethis exact same problem just on windows 11 it pops up every time I open a game, the solution in that article doesn't work for me.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

54 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T22:14:47+00:00

    THANK YOUUU this killed the annoying nuisance.

    Dear Microsoft,

    If you keep trying to data mine my games with any more obvious or hidden nuisances, I am LEAVING Steam.

    I will sell the damned account. With a fair warning.

    Don't listen to Google. We buried Stadia.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-31T14:12:34+00:00

    THIS GAME Bar IS ALSO bad news for games that crashes because of overlays .

    i turned it all off we dont need any of it its pointless i ran these , and i turned off gamebar and game optimise , there is no need for it bill gates what are you doing

    please dont add overlays to games when you have no idea how to create games

    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR /f /t REG_DWORD /v "AppCaptureEnabled" /d 0
    
    The operation completed successfully.
    
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore /f /t REG_DWORD /v "GameDVR_Enabled" /d 0
    
    The operation completed successfully.
    
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-29T23:28:53+00:00

    Same thing with not being able to uninstall Edge, and the silly 'edge is a better browser' message that appears when you try to switch.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-19T11:50:17+00:00

    Essentially I havethis exact same problem just on windows 11 it pops up every time I open a game, the solution in that article doesn't work for me.

    i dont want this to popup

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-15T13:33:13+00:00

    where do i even download it back it came with my pc and i think i deleted it

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments