Win 10 2004 chkdsk stuck on 100%

Anonymous
2020-09-09T18:19:27+00:00

I have run chkdsk as admin as I thought I may have some network file errors.

It ran OK and now is stuck displaying "scanning and repairing drive (C:): 100%

How should this be fixed please

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2020-09-09T18:22:40+00:00

Hi Phil

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

if that disk checking has completed to 100%, then if you cannot interact with your PC, press and hold the power button on your PC for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a hard shut down

Wait a few seconds, then start your PC again . . .

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-01T06:05:10+00:00

    Lenovo T570 having this chkdsk stuck at 100% issue as well. Did a fresh install Windows 10 2004 build and tested chkdsk /f restart computer to perform the check and it completed after 100% and startup to Windows Desktop normally. Perform all windows 10 updates and again tested on chkdsk /f and now it stuck at "Scanning and Repairing drive (C:): 100% complete". Some of these Windows 10 updates could have caused this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-15T16:00:07+00:00

    I have this issue on a laptop that is not a Lenovo. But Disk0 is an APOS Samsung EVO.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-22T09:43:57+00:00

    I also have the same problem on my or my colleague's laptop. When ever we did a disk check, it will hung at 100% no matter the FS is corrputed or not. Seems a checkdsk bug

    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.804]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-03T15:54:15+00:00

    We are always waiting for a solution about the "chkdsk stuck" problem...

    For now we only got the chkdsk bug (20H2) that destroyed the partitions (I lost 4TB of data): when will Microsoft solve the chkdsk problems?

    G.Comparini

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments