Win 10 2004 chkdsk stuck on 100%

Anonymous
2020-09-09T18:19:27+00:00

I have run chkdsk as admin as I thought I may have some network file errors.

It ran OK and now is stuck displaying "scanning and repairing drive (C:): 100%

How should this be fixed please

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2020-09-09T18:22:40+00:00

Hi Phil

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

if that disk checking has completed to 100%, then if you cannot interact with your PC, press and hold the power button on your PC for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a hard shut down

Wait a few seconds, then start your PC again . . .

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T20:23:18+00:00

    I am running Windows 10 20H2 and get the "event log status 6" message when running chkdsk.  I copied chkdsk.exe from the current version of Windows 10 Insider (Build 21332) to 20H2.  When I ran that version of chkdsk on 20h2 the issue went away.  It is obvious to me from using this exercise, that the issue is a software problem that needs to be addressed by Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-28T18:44:34+00:00

    I have run chkdsk as admin as I thought I may have some network file errors.

    It ran OK and now is stuck displaying "scanning and repairing drive (C:): 100%

    How should this be fixed please

    Everyone, please confirm,  that the error only affects Lenovo laptops.

    Thank You.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-28T19:10:41+00:00

    I have run chkdsk as admin as I thought I may have some network file errors.

    It ran OK and now is stuck displaying "scanning and repairing drive (C:): 100%

    How should this be fixed please

    Everyone, please confirm,  that the error only affects Lenovo laptops.

    Thank You.

    I believe so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-28T19:31:17+00:00

    Occurs on many computers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments