Win 10 2004 chkdsk stuck on 100%

Anonymous
2020-09-09T18:19:27+00:00

I have run chkdsk as admin as I thought I may have some network file errors.

It ran OK and now is stuck displaying "scanning and repairing drive (C:): 100%

How should this be fixed please

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2020-09-09T18:22:40+00:00

Hi Phil

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

if that disk checking has completed to 100%, then if you cannot interact with your PC, press and hold the power button on your PC for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a hard shut down

Wait a few seconds, then start your PC again . . .

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-04T09:00:56+00:00

    Sometimes it might be a problem with USB plugged in - I had same problem today, and after brutal shut down, when I turned the computer on, I plugged my USB mouse out, and it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-23T12:20:23+00:00

    I have the same issue on Windows 10 x64 version 2004 (19041.572), Lenovo T560 (all the latest drivers and updates are installed). I have Windows Subsystem for Linux and Hyper-V enabled in case it makes a difference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-22T07:26:16+00:00

    Hello everyone!

    I must unfortunately add that updating Windows to version 20H2 did not solve the situation.

    I previously contacted Microsoft support and they told me they opened a ticket about it. Was it enough? I don't know ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-22T06:18:25+00:00

    "Failed" is error. 

    Congratulations!  You found a Bug ... exactly as I expected.

    Therefore, the Windows can't restart the system after 100% of chkdsk command,  because it didn't end by normal status, but with this error.

    Confirm all of you, who has this problem, that chkdsk /f (procedure as described above!!!) reports the same error:

    " Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6."

    ...and when that is true, send this error to Microsoft to have it resolved as soon as possible.

    Nice to meet you and have a nice day ! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments