Win 10 2004 chkdsk stuck on 100%

Anonymous
2020-09-09T18:19:27+00:00

I have run chkdsk as admin as I thought I may have some network file errors.

It ran OK and now is stuck displaying "scanning and repairing drive (C:): 100%

How should this be fixed please

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2020-09-09T18:22:40+00:00

Hi Phil

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

if that disk checking has completed to 100%, then if you cannot interact with your PC, press and hold the power button on your PC for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a hard shut down

Wait a few seconds, then start your PC again . . .

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-14T09:32:39+00:00

    Hi all,

    I just finished to update my lenovo Thinkpad E580 from windows 10 to Windows 11.

    Problem on chkdsk still remain.

    Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-15T16:00:07+00:00

    I have this issue on a laptop that is not a Lenovo. But Disk0 is an APOS Samsung EVO.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-23T12:20:23+00:00

    I have the same issue on Windows 10 x64 version 2004 (19041.572), Lenovo T560 (all the latest drivers and updates are installed). I have Windows Subsystem for Linux and Hyper-V enabled in case it makes a difference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-14T07:44:15+00:00

    (correction) Try run chkdsk /f from Command prompt mode (Shift+restart).

    In my opinion, due to some error, it is not possible to end the command correctly, therefore it stuck on 100%.

    1. Go to safe mode:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

    1. (correction) Go to Command prompt mode through Shift+restart
    2. (correction) Check the correct letter of your system boot HDD, because in this Command prompt mode the letters of the HDD are different ( c: Enter , dir Enter, d: Enter, dir Enter, e: Enter, dir Enter ...etc.)
    3. Run the command for correct letter of your system boot HDD , for example chkdsk e: /f
    4. Make sure the command doesn't end with an error message. If it reports an error, search it on google, microsoft...etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments