Win 10 2004 chkdsk stuck on 100%

Anonymous
2020-09-09T18:19:27+00:00

I have run chkdsk as admin as I thought I may have some network file errors.

It ran OK and now is stuck displaying "scanning and repairing drive (C:): 100%

How should this be fixed please

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2020-09-09T18:22:40+00:00

Hi Phil

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

if that disk checking has completed to 100%, then if you cannot interact with your PC, press and hold the power button on your PC for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a hard shut down

Wait a few seconds, then start your PC again . . .

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-14T03:40:57+00:00

    Same problem on:

    • Beelink AP34 mini PC (Win 10 Home 20H2)
    • Beelink Gemini T45 mini PC (Win 10 Home 20H2)

    When will Microsoft take care of this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-01T06:05:10+00:00

    Lenovo T570 having this chkdsk stuck at 100% issue as well. Did a fresh install Windows 10 2004 build and tested chkdsk /f restart computer to perform the check and it completed after 100% and startup to Windows Desktop normally. Perform all windows 10 updates and again tested on chkdsk /f and now it stuck at "Scanning and Repairing drive (C:): 100% complete". Some of these Windows 10 updates could have caused this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-04T09:00:56+00:00

    Sometimes it might be a problem with USB plugged in - I had same problem today, and after brutal shut down, when I turned the computer on, I plugged my USB mouse out, and it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-15T21:36:36+00:00

    (correction) Try it from Command prompt mode and attach the results list. I have experience that we will learn more about the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments