MSFS 2020 will not connect to server

Anonymous
2020-09-10T14:02:33+00:00

Auto connect is not connecting

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-31T13:21:56+00:00

    Hi PShad,

    I had to re-install everything. Now it’s okay.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-31T14:00:34+00:00

    Thanks Greg. There does seem to be an issue with Digital ownership, it did show as "Install" rather than launch, but when I clicked Install it gave an error (Code: 0x80073CF9).

    I originally played with Game Pass but then paid for Premium Deluxe. This worked fine but there was never any online server connection - I assumed it was a firewall configuration issue as I have a hardware firewall. However, when Game Pass expired nothing worked in spite of the in game screen where I purchased stating that all of MSFS was included.

    I tried getting Microsoft support to sort it for weeks, but they refused to do anything but offer a refund of the upgrade price. In the end I agreed to a refund, but during the online refund process that was refused because it was 'beyond the refund period'. This was of course due to Premium Deluxe having worked all the time until my Game Pass subscription expired. After still not getting any resolution even after hours on the phone with Customer Service, I eventually asked my Credit Card company to cancel the original transaction which they were happy to do. Of course this still left me with no working version flight sim so I purchased Premium Deluxe and applied it to my account. This works OK, but  there is still no multiplayer or online traffic servers connecting

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-31T16:09:15+00:00

    Pshad, While we don't have access to the logical system docs as to how FS data flows, it sure seems that based on what I've read and my own troubleshooting experience, that the certificate does have something to do with the ability to network, or simply, connect to the MS servers.

    I found a couple of articles below. This is typically what I do. Search and try, Search and try.... You are not the only one that has experienced this issue. You just have to keep searching and trying until you find the fix that works. And yes, It Sucks and wastes a lot of time.

    I will say though, every time I had to reinstall, I did an uninstall prior and got things working. I was so worried about losing my log book but evidently it is stored in the cloud and Seems protected from uninstalls. Like it's tied to the account and not the machine.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-code-0x80073cf9-installing-2020/f411cf5d-a311-4c7b-b0d3-3dd9a8e131a4?page=1

    https://www.pcerror-fix.com/tricks-to-fix-error-0x80073cf9-while-installing-apps-from-windows-store-in-windows-108

    https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016107019-How-to-repair-or-remove-and-do-a-clean-install-of-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-on-Microsoft-Store

    https://www.google.com/search?q=Code%3A+0x80073CF9&oq=Code%3A+0x80073CF9&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.847j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

    Hope this helps. It blows not being able to fly.

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-03T20:32:12+00:00

    Thanks for your efforts on my behalf Greg. I

    managed to get Digital ownership to show as installed by moving its location to my C drive, but still have no joy on the multiplayer front. I tried a full uninstall and reinstall which took the best part of a day! Although MSFS runs fine in other respects, I still get this same message on start up and no live traffic or airport activity shows up anywhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-03T20:53:33+00:00

    Total bummer!

    At this point I would open a support ticket at the MS ZenDesk.

    To enhance the realism you're missing, you may also want to join the VATSIM network that uses a transponder app. I just finished my first flight with them from KLAX to KLAS, I'm exhausted.

    You won't need the MS network.

    You can then use Little Navmap and configure it to show VATSIM traffic (other simmers).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments