MSFS 2020 will not connect to server

Anonymous
2020-09-10T14:02:33+00:00

Auto connect is not connecting

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-31T13:20:19+00:00

    Hi 347DeltaTango

    Thank you, but I had to re-install everything. Now it’s okay.👍

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-30T19:47:38+00:00

    all good now!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-30T17:55:18+00:00

    Just some other things to try.

    Go to the MS Game Store and be sure that the Digital Ownership certificate is set to launch and does not say install. This happened to me once after I reinstalled the entire sim.

    If that doesn't work, run Windows Update and verify there are no updates. Then do a complete shutdown (power off) and restart.

    Go to the Apps & Features and select the sim and click Advanced.

    Then click Repair. After you click it, you should see a check mark. Minimize the window and launch the sim. Let it sit for a couple hours to stabilize as there is no indication that a repair is being performed. This just solved an issue I had where I could never return to the Main Menu after a flight.

    Hope this helps.

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-30T17:19:50+00:00

    I have had this error or its equivalent from day 1 of using MSFS in August. I have tried opening lots of suggested firewall ports etc. but to no avail. The error message I now get on startup is this. I am signed into the Microsoft Store and Xbox Live as required but I get no multiplayer server connection or live traffic.

    Auto connect is not connecting 

    Same Issue here, Very frustrated. Can not do anything. Anyone had feedback from Microsoft or Xbox Image 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-25T02:09:18+00:00

    Hello saverio,

    well, looks like that some update caused that problem. As it run before as it should, i think it is NOT a server/router prolem, but might be an update problem. I have faced this too.

    here is what i did, and i do suggest it to you, but it is your decision.

    The MSFS2020 needed to be reinstalled, and NO CHANGING to the suggested path for installation. That helped me.

    I had purchased the BOX Premium Deluxe version, but needed to RE-INSTALL it again via the Microsoft store. Downladed the base version, installed it, made the Update to Premium version, and had to Downlaod this Monster Patch ( 70GB ) again. I did NOT change the suggested path when re-installing the FS again. ( no trouble with the ONE-TIME -CODE )... i just ignored it.

    I know, that it is a pain in the a**, but it helped me.

    Believe me, i had tried a lot within my router ( FritzBox ) regarding settings Ports, passwords, adding some more ports...

    Nothing helped.

    only the new installing of the 2020.

    I know , sounds like sad news, i keep my fingers cross that it will then work for you.

    Good Luck

    Best greetings

    Robert

    ps:

    also a good idea is to CLOSE the XBOX-Live app, and RESTART it again, then run the MSFS2020 and hopefully it works.

    if you can read and understand german language, check here..

    https://www.flusi.info/forum/index.php?thread/7856-fs2020-kein-server/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments