MSFS 2020 will not connect to server

Anonymous
2020-09-10T14:02:33+00:00

Auto connect is not connecting

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-02T16:39:02+00:00

    You are very kind to respond to my problem. I have tried but MSFS stills does not connect to XBox Live.

    When I sign off my avatar MSFS ask me to press any key then it finds my account but still research servers on automatic and looses my avatar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-20T21:01:14+00:00

    Same Problem Here , 

    servers list will not connect . 

    pc is on the net . Connects to every other game . No problems there 

    no online server . No arket place profile or weather 

    and the official discord server is useless. Too many people trying to enforce rules , its like tis full of train spotting children ......

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-03T20:53:33+00:00

    Total bummer!

    At this point I would open a support ticket at the MS ZenDesk.

    To enhance the realism you're missing, you may also want to join the VATSIM network that uses a transponder app. I just finished my first flight with them from KLAX to KLAS, I'm exhausted.

    You won't need the MS network.

    You can then use Little Navmap and configure it to show VATSIM traffic (other simmers).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-03T20:32:12+00:00

    Thanks for your efforts on my behalf Greg. I

    managed to get Digital ownership to show as installed by moving its location to my C drive, but still have no joy on the multiplayer front. I tried a full uninstall and reinstall which took the best part of a day! Although MSFS runs fine in other respects, I still get this same message on start up and no live traffic or airport activity shows up anywhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-31T16:09:15+00:00

    Pshad, While we don't have access to the logical system docs as to how FS data flows, it sure seems that based on what I've read and my own troubleshooting experience, that the certificate does have something to do with the ability to network, or simply, connect to the MS servers.

    I found a couple of articles below. This is typically what I do. Search and try, Search and try.... You are not the only one that has experienced this issue. You just have to keep searching and trying until you find the fix that works. And yes, It Sucks and wastes a lot of time.

    I will say though, every time I had to reinstall, I did an uninstall prior and got things working. I was so worried about losing my log book but evidently it is stored in the cloud and Seems protected from uninstalls. Like it's tied to the account and not the machine.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-code-0x80073cf9-installing-2020/f411cf5d-a311-4c7b-b0d3-3dd9a8e131a4?page=1

    https://www.pcerror-fix.com/tricks-to-fix-error-0x80073cf9-while-installing-apps-from-windows-store-in-windows-108

    https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016107019-How-to-repair-or-remove-and-do-a-clean-install-of-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-on-Microsoft-Store

    https://www.google.com/search?q=Code%3A+0x80073CF9&oq=Code%3A+0x80073CF9&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.847j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

    Hope this helps. It blows not being able to fly.

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments