MSFS 2020 will not connect to server

Anonymous
2020-09-10T14:02:33+00:00

Auto connect is not connecting

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-31T14:00:34+00:00

    Thanks Greg. There does seem to be an issue with Digital ownership, it did show as "Install" rather than launch, but when I clicked Install it gave an error (Code: 0x80073CF9).

    I originally played with Game Pass but then paid for Premium Deluxe. This worked fine but there was never any online server connection - I assumed it was a firewall configuration issue as I have a hardware firewall. However, when Game Pass expired nothing worked in spite of the in game screen where I purchased stating that all of MSFS was included.

    I tried getting Microsoft support to sort it for weeks, but they refused to do anything but offer a refund of the upgrade price. In the end I agreed to a refund, but during the online refund process that was refused because it was 'beyond the refund period'. This was of course due to Premium Deluxe having worked all the time until my Game Pass subscription expired. After still not getting any resolution even after hours on the phone with Customer Service, I eventually asked my Credit Card company to cancel the original transaction which they were happy to do. Of course this still left me with no working version flight sim so I purchased Premium Deluxe and applied it to my account. This works OK, but  there is still no multiplayer or online traffic servers connecting

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-31T13:21:56+00:00

    Hi PShad,

    I had to re-install everything. Now it’s okay.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-31T13:20:19+00:00

    Hi 347DeltaTango

    Thank you, but I had to re-install everything. Now it’s okay.👍

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-30T19:47:38+00:00

    all good now!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-30T17:55:18+00:00

    Just some other things to try.

    Go to the MS Game Store and be sure that the Digital Ownership certificate is set to launch and does not say install. This happened to me once after I reinstalled the entire sim.

    If that doesn't work, run Windows Update and verify there are no updates. Then do a complete shutdown (power off) and restart.

    Go to the Apps & Features and select the sim and click Advanced.

    Then click Repair. After you click it, you should see a check mark. Minimize the window and launch the sim. Let it sit for a couple hours to stabilize as there is no indication that a repair is being performed. This just solved an issue I had where I could never return to the Main Menu after a flight.

    Hope this helps.

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments