Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Assertion Failed and kept on appearing after turning on my laptop.

Anonymous
2020-08-21T03:52:02+00:00

So this issue just happened to me 2 days ago and still happening up to this day. Well i have done my research and i think it has something to do with Adobe Photoshop 2020 (which i downloaded from the official site a few days ago but i ended up uninstalling on the same day i installed it, because i prefer my old photo editor), then the next day the "assertion failed" issue appeared on my screen after logging in to my PC. This is what the error looks like (see attachment below) I hope any of you give me a step-by step procedure on how to fix this error. Thank You in Advance!                                                                                                          

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-08-22T10:36:44+00:00

Okay. Please turn off the CCXProcess and restart your computer.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-22T06:47:49+00:00

    Hi I just booted my laptop and it's sad to say that I still get the error :( I don't know if there are any more options. If the only option left is resetting my laptop to the factory settings I might have to just leave the error on my laptop. After all, right now I don't have that much time to format my laptop because I am busy and need a lot of files on my laptop all day. If you know any more options to fix this please let me know and I will try it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-22T07:06:52+00:00

    Oh. I feel sorry about this. I know what it feels of being stuck in this situation. Don't worry, there are more resources to try, all we need to do is to extend your concern to other Independent Advisors that might have an effective solution on this issue. Lastly, I would like to know if how did you uninstall the program you said above that might cause this error to appear? Could you check the Programs and Features if there are still existing programs that are related or pre-requisite to the said program?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-22T07:24:35+00:00

    So what I did is I uninstalled adobe photoshop 2020 using the "add or remove programs" in the windows settings app and then there was an option to repair it or uninstall it, I clicked uninstall and I waited for it to get uninstalled from my computer. After that, there was an adobe program that came with it which is "Adobe Creative Cloud" and I also uninstalled it but I uninstalled it differently, what I did was I right-click the adobe creative cloud in my windows start menu and clicked uninstall. I think there are leftover files from both Photoshop 2020 and Creative Cloud that caused this visual c++ assertion failed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-22T07:32:05+00:00

    Kindly check if there are still folders named "Adobe" in the directories "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments