I have a Dell XPS desktop with Qualcom QCA8930 wireless/bluetooth board. The Bluetooth drops out periodically and the only way I have found to fix it is to turn off the pc, unplug it for 10 seconds, plug it back in and then start. It always fixes it, but it is a pain. Restarting or shutting down and starting again do not solve the problem; the ac cord has to be disconnected and then reconnected.
Bluetooth has disappeared from Windows 10
The setting to switch Bluetooth on / off has disappeared from my Bluetooth settings page. I have since tried updating the drivers, reinstalling the drivers and even uninstalling the device from the Device Manager page, followed by selecting "scan for hardware changes", and nothing has worked, its as though my computer has simply forgotten how to turn Bluetooth on.
Please help
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-12-08T08:26:18+00:00 I had this exact problem. Yesterday I cleared CMOS. After restart I went to services.msc and started the bluetooth service and now my bluetooth works. Maybe try this.
-
Anonymous
2020-12-08T09:21:57+00:00 I spent the weekend re-installing and uninstalling drivers and pretty much tried alot of other suggestions but nothing worked. Pretty much one step short of resetting my windows, until i decided to dissect my computer to reconnect hardware to isolate problem.
And yes, who would have thought physically removing the power source for a short while fixed my bluetooth refresh problem. I was pretty happy that i didnt have to spent another few hours reinstalling windows but ...i felt defeated knowing that pulling the plug worked at the end of the day for me....
-
Anonymous
2021-01-07T01:59:00+00:00 5 pc I have, 5 updated to 2H2 version windows 10 pro, 2 of Updated from win 7 ultim to newest and other 3 -1903,.1904,.2004 - All lost generic Bluetooth drivers and windows bluetooth device (rfcomm protocol tdi) software,. besides any Bluetooth drivers also,. http://batcmd.com/windows/10/services/ -tryerd all blue info and other. it didn't say RFCOMM service has failed to start used. The device is missing, I used the Device Diagnostic diag cab and ran the There are no screen shots ? of nothing there.Run the System File Checker tool (sfc /scannow)
so whats going on here micro!!!
-
Anonymous
2021-01-07T02:04:27+00:00 PS. I have a 4.0-5.0 adapter it works and Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
shows up here. You can not do anything but this. The new version of windows 10 not compatible with old device settings