Bluetooth has disappeared from Windows 10

Anonymous
2020-08-03T01:03:40+00:00

The setting to switch Bluetooth on / off has disappeared from my Bluetooth settings page.  I have since tried updating the drivers, reinstalling the drivers and even uninstalling the device from the Device Manager page, followed by selecting "scan for hardware changes", and nothing has worked, its as though my computer has simply forgotten how to turn Bluetooth on.

Please help

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-09-18T01:47:08+00:00

I have a Dell XPS desktop with Qualcom QCA8930 wireless/bluetooth board. The Bluetooth drops out periodically and the only way I have found to fix it is to turn off the pc, unplug it for 10 seconds, plug it back in and then start. It always fixes it, but it is a pain. Restarting or shutting down and starting again do not solve the problem; the ac cord has to be disconnected and then reconnected.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-05T11:58:15+00:00

    I have a Dell XPS desktop with Qualcom QCA8930 wireless/bluetooth board. The Bluetooth drops out periodically and the only way I have found to fix it is to turn off the pc, unplug it for 10 seconds, plug it back in and then start. It always fixes it, but it is a pain. Restarting or shutting down and starting again do not solve the problem; the ac cord has to be disconnected and then reconnected. 

    Thanks, after reinstalling drivers several time and looking for the only option on my mind (the recovery to a previous update) i'm glad i found your post. It's not so painful as long as it doesn't need to be at each restart!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-06T04:05:05+00:00

    I've solved this already

    I uninstall the BlueSoleil driver that shows on my device manager and restart my laptop after. Fortunately, when it turned on the Intel wireless bluetooth is back.

    Thanks anyway

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-13T03:49:53+00:00

    I have a lenovo S340 laptop, so completing a reboot as suggested in the solution is not practical as there is no means to remove the battery.

    The fix for this laptop was to complete a hard shut-down (pressed and held the power button). After rebooting and a quick disk scan, the bluetooth began working properly.

    The windows troubleshooter did not provide instructions for a laptop (specifically) where unplugging a computer from the wall would solve the issue. It is possible I missed the hard shutdown instruction if provided in the troubleshooter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments