I have a Dell XPS desktop with Qualcom QCA8930 wireless/bluetooth board. The Bluetooth drops out periodically and the only way I have found to fix it is to turn off the pc, unplug it for 10 seconds, plug it back in and then start. It always fixes it, but it is a pain. Restarting or shutting down and starting again do not solve the problem; the ac cord has to be disconnected and then reconnected.
Bluetooth has disappeared from Windows 10
The setting to switch Bluetooth on / off has disappeared from my Bluetooth settings page. I have since tried updating the drivers, reinstalling the drivers and even uninstalling the device from the Device Manager page, followed by selecting "scan for hardware changes", and nothing has worked, its as though my computer has simply forgotten how to turn Bluetooth on.
Please help
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2021-12-17T05:45:53+00:00 I just did an update a couple days ago and my Bluetooth/USB disappeared/stopped working. I’ve done a reset and it’s still gone. I just tried to do a full shutdown but it didn’t work either. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?! Help!
-
Anonymous
2021-12-17T12:22:35+00:00 Go to your manufacturer support page for your Motherboard or PC Manufacturer support page for your model, Download and install the latest drivers and utility software for your Motherboard.
If you are using Win 10 or Win 11, you can use the Get Help app to contact Microsoft. Since this is a Windows Update problem, they should give you free help.
If the Motherboard driver is not installed the device will not show up in Windows.
Sadly, Windows Update can destroy driver software.
It hasn't happened to me yet. I know other people who had this kind of a problem after an update.
-
Anonymous
2021-12-17T12:48:06+00:00 Thank yoj got your help 🙂