I have a Dell XPS desktop with Qualcom QCA8930 wireless/bluetooth board. The Bluetooth drops out periodically and the only way I have found to fix it is to turn off the pc, unplug it for 10 seconds, plug it back in and then start. It always fixes it, but it is a pain. Restarting or shutting down and starting again do not solve the problem; the ac cord has to be disconnected and then reconnected.
Bluetooth has disappeared from Windows 10
The setting to switch Bluetooth on / off has disappeared from my Bluetooth settings page. I have since tried updating the drivers, reinstalling the drivers and even uninstalling the device from the Device Manager page, followed by selecting "scan for hardware changes", and nothing has worked, its as though my computer has simply forgotten how to turn Bluetooth on.
Please help
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2020-12-08T08:26:18+00:00 I had this exact problem. Yesterday I cleared CMOS. After restart I went to services.msc and started the bluetooth service and now my bluetooth works. Maybe try this.
-
Anonymous
2020-12-07T17:45:43+00:00 Again, turning off my computer AND unplugging it worked for me after everything else had failed.
Thank you. This is what finally worked for me too. It's very inconvenient though. I've had to do this at least a couple times already. And the rest of the time if my bluetooth hasn't disappeared completely then it's constantly cutting in and out and I have to restart my computer to get it to quit. I have to do that a few times a week. Sometimes multiple times a day. It's very frustrating and I've been having that issue since the beginning of the year. The bluetooth completely disappearing didn't start happening until I installed the fall updates. I really wish Microsoft would figure out this bluetooth issue. I know it's not my headphones or my speakers because they work perfectly fine on my tablet and my phone with no issues at all. It's just on my laptop.
-
Anonymous
2020-12-07T14:05:14+00:00 dude, I have gone through **** hell trying to figure this problem out and when I did what you did and it **** worked thank you so much my ***** would have never thought to try that.
-
Anonymous
2020-12-03T11:08:29+00:00 please I want bluetooth