Bluetooth has disappeared from Windows 10

Anonymous
2020-08-03T01:03:40+00:00

The setting to switch Bluetooth on / off has disappeared from my Bluetooth settings page.  I have since tried updating the drivers, reinstalling the drivers and even uninstalling the device from the Device Manager page, followed by selecting "scan for hardware changes", and nothing has worked, its as though my computer has simply forgotten how to turn Bluetooth on.

Please help

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-09-18T01:47:08+00:00

I have a Dell XPS desktop with Qualcom QCA8930 wireless/bluetooth board. The Bluetooth drops out periodically and the only way I have found to fix it is to turn off the pc, unplug it for 10 seconds, plug it back in and then start. It always fixes it, but it is a pain. Restarting or shutting down and starting again do not solve the problem; the ac cord has to be disconnected and then reconnected.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-16T08:03:28+00:00

    So you mean to tell me that I have to do all this **** when I paid for Microsoft software? I'm sick and tired of this ****. It should just **** work! All this money that Microsoft takes in and they cant fix a **** Bluetooth problem. F U Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-28T11:00:02+00:00

    I've done all of this but no luck

    My laptop still says that I don't have bluetooth when in fact I'm just using it the other day

    I'm close to giving this up, running out of solutions

    btw, mine is HP pavilion g6 laptop

    Send help haha

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-18T06:14:59+00:00

    Like you said, my bluetooth has randomly re-appeared overnight. It must take Thursdays off....

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-15T00:08:20+00:00

    Im not sure if youve fixed this yet but what i did is went into my updates on settings then press view optional updates and then there was one that said intel bluetooth and when i downloaded that it was fine after

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments