Hello,
I had same issue. It was solved for me via following command in cmd. Previous value was disabled.
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a PC running windows 10, all of the latest updates have been installed and drivers are up to date and it is connected to a ethernet cable for internet. I have a gigabit ethernet service. When I run an internet speed test I get somewhere between 14 -40 Megabits/sec download and 15-30 Megabits/sec upload (on a good day). When I connect my laptop to the same ethernet cable my download speed is between 650 and 750 Megabits/sec and my upload is closer to 50 Megabits/sec. I have tried many suggestions online such as turning off automatic updates, and removing the reserve bandwidth for updates. changing the network adaptor settings to force gigabit speed rather than auto assign. I have even tried installing a new gigabit network card to see if it was a motherboard issue and no luck. I cant seem to find anything online to help me resolve this issue. Please help.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello,
I had same issue. It was solved for me via following command in cmd. Previous value was disabled.
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
Here's a bit more info:
TCP Global Parameters
Receive-Side Scaling State : enabled
Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level : normal
Add-On Congestion Control Provider : default
ECN Capability : disabled
RFC 1323 Timestamps : disabled
Initial RTO : 1000
Receive Segment Coalescing State : enabled
Non Sack Rtt Resiliency : disabled
Max SYN Retransmissions : 4
Fast Open : enabled
Fast Open Fallback : enabled
HyStart : enabled
Proportional Rate Reduction : enabled
Pacing Profile : off
Disabling the "Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level" actually worsened the speeds.....very very strange
I have been having the same issues with Win10 after two recent updates. My fiber speeds are 400+Mbps, but WINDOWS is limiting the download and upload speeds to exactly 94Mbps! Even my Samsung S10 can get the full speeds from my router via wifi! But no matter which of these solutions I've tried, both Ethernet and Wifi speeds are being throttled by Win 10 on my Predator laptop. I've checked everything I can think of to raise the speeds of the downloads/uploads, but Windows is not allowing anything faster. Very strange indeed...
Assuming your original value was 'normal', set back to normal:
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
I'm having this problem as well. I have gigabit cable internet. I have two Macs, iOS devices, and Android devices all on the same network. When running a speedtest, anything connecting via 5 GHz WiFi gets about 500-600 Mbps. Anything connecting via ethernet gets 920 Mbps. Except my Windows 10 PC, which seems throttled at 100 Mbps.
I have no QoS options on on my router nor on my switch, and a MacBook Pro which gets 920 Mbps when running speedtest is hooked up to the same switch running to the same router from about 4 feet away from my desktop PC. I've reset all my equipment multiple times.
I am completely out of ideas.
EDIT: Update, I found a fix. I was using a 10900K with a Strix Z590-I board while I waited on the 11900K release. As soon as I swapped the 10900K with the 11900K, my PC was able to get full speed. Must be some kind of weird hardware incompatibility.