Windows 10 limiting my internet speed?

Anonymous
2020-09-28T22:02:37+00:00

I have a PC running windows 10, all of the latest updates have been installed and drivers are up to date and it is connected to a ethernet cable for internet. I have a gigabit ethernet service. When I run an internet speed test I get somewhere between 14 -40 Megabits/sec download and 15-30 Megabits/sec upload (on a good day). When I connect my laptop to the same ethernet cable my download speed is between 650 and 750 Megabits/sec and my upload is closer to 50 Megabits/sec. I have tried many suggestions online such as turning off automatic updates, and removing the reserve bandwidth for updates. changing the network adaptor settings to force gigabit speed rather than auto assign. I have even tried installing a new gigabit network card to see if it was a motherboard issue and no luck. I cant seem to find anything online to help me resolve this issue. Please help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-05-04T10:45:03+00:00

Hello,

I had same issue. It was solved for me via following command in cmd. Previous value was disabled.

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-15T14:36:45+00:00

    Hi,

    I did have a slow limited upload speed and fixed it by disabling cFosSpeed (NDIS 6) from network adapter settings

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T19:58:19+00:00

    Glad it worked, but not a clue as to why.

    It's like the technician I helped with a GPU. He spent 3 hrs trying to get a high end GPU working, with no luck. I told him I had discovered a trick many years ago that seems to still work sometimes (though "not recommended" to use). I told him to remove the GPU physically from the MB , then pinch and pull your fingers along the contacts on the plugin side. It seems to drain the capacitors on the GPU that somehow get charged up and don't release correctly. He thought I was crazy, but did it anyway...and IT WORKED THE FIRST TIME! Go figure....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T17:13:47+00:00

    HAHAHAHA! YOU ARE A LEGEND!

    After first reading your comment i thought nah this wont work. But i have had this issue for 2 weeks now and was fed up.

    And praise the lord and all other beings it actually worked?!?

    I dont how, i dont know why but it worked!

    I thank you my friend.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-12T21:40:06+00:00

    Couldn't believe it, but I had tried everything else. I tried this as well, and it worked for me. Worth a shot if you are at the end of your wits like I was!

    Thanks for posting!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments