Hello,
I had same issue. It was solved for me via following command in cmd. Previous value was disabled.
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a PC running windows 10, all of the latest updates have been installed and drivers are up to date and it is connected to a ethernet cable for internet. I have a gigabit ethernet service. When I run an internet speed test I get somewhere between 14 -40 Megabits/sec download and 15-30 Megabits/sec upload (on a good day). When I connect my laptop to the same ethernet cable my download speed is between 650 and 750 Megabits/sec and my upload is closer to 50 Megabits/sec. I have tried many suggestions online such as turning off automatic updates, and removing the reserve bandwidth for updates. changing the network adaptor settings to force gigabit speed rather than auto assign. I have even tried installing a new gigabit network card to see if it was a motherboard issue and no luck. I cant seem to find anything online to help me resolve this issue. Please help.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello,
I had same issue. It was solved for me via following command in cmd. Previous value was disabled.
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
I have the same issue but couldnt find a solution yet.
I used Ubuntu usb stick to boot with Linux. The internet speed is as expected. So, the problem is not related to hardware. On Windows 10, something limits the speed but what is that? Last thing I will try is either upgrade or downgrade Win-10.
BRO MAN **** YOU REALLY MADE MY DAY GOD BLESS YOU MY WI FI FROM 35 Mbps to 943 MBPS **** MAN I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I REINSTALL MY WINDOWS LIKE 5 TIMES I HOPE YOU SEE THIS I LOVE YOU BRO NO HOMO THANK YOU MAN THESE ALL **** COMMENTS AND I WAS SAVED BY YOU THANK YOU CHRIS THANK YOU SO MUCH I HOPE YOUR FAMILY IS IN GOOD CONDITION AND STAY SAFE OUT THERE **** I CAN DOWNLOAD GAMES IN 70 Mb/s NOW **** FROM 11 mb/s to 70 mb/s YOUR A LIFE SAVER CHRIS LOVE YOU SO MUCH
Hi Kevin, I just saw this now- I was also really happy when it worked, and I am really happy to hear it helped you, thanks for the comment!
I'm curious how you had it be not normal as Windows default is set to normal. Probably your real issue was some tuning software or something changing it in the first place. Windows 10 by default doesn't limit the speed. It can easily achieve the highest speed without any change.
Worked for me. immediate change from 77Mbbs to 672Mbps after change