Hello,
I had same issue. It was solved for me via following command in cmd. Previous value was disabled.
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a PC running windows 10, all of the latest updates have been installed and drivers are up to date and it is connected to a ethernet cable for internet. I have a gigabit ethernet service. When I run an internet speed test I get somewhere between 14 -40 Megabits/sec download and 15-30 Megabits/sec upload (on a good day). When I connect my laptop to the same ethernet cable my download speed is between 650 and 750 Megabits/sec and my upload is closer to 50 Megabits/sec. I have tried many suggestions online such as turning off automatic updates, and removing the reserve bandwidth for updates. changing the network adaptor settings to force gigabit speed rather than auto assign. I have even tried installing a new gigabit network card to see if it was a motherboard issue and no luck. I cant seem to find anything online to help me resolve this issue. Please help.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello,
I had same issue. It was solved for me via following command in cmd. Previous value was disabled.
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
Hmm it's weird. Check anyway if you have malicious files with these 2 programs.
AdwCleaner to clean browser: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/
Malwarebytes to clean pc: https://malwarebytes.com/
Also, if you have a third-party antivirus, uninstall it and try again.
Try these command too
Step to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)
Note: Respect the spaces or simply copy / paste the commands.
Click on windows start button, type CMD
- Right click on " prompt command " and " run as admin "
Now type this commands
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- Press Enter.
Then, this command and Enter.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Then make the following commands.
sfc /scannow
_________________________________________________
Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Not to worry, I appreciate any assistance you can provide!
Thanks for the advice but these don't seem to be the issue.
Sorry, I mixed your problem with a similar one ...
1 ) Try this, right-click on Windows start menu and go Settings.
Open Network & Internet
Select Proxy in the left pane. In the right pane, disable all options.
2 ) Disable Windows Auto-Tuning Feature
Open windows start menu and type: cmd
Right-click on " command prompt " and select Run as admin
Type this following command: netsh interface tcp show global
Look for the "Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level feature" , if it If it is displayed as 'normal' please deactivate it as follows:
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
Now check if the speed is ok.
3 ) Disable Large Send Offload
Right-click again on Start button and select " Device manager "
Double-click on your Network Card and click on the Advanced tab
In the drop-down list, select Large Send Offload V2 (IPv4) and set the value to Disabled
Do the same for Large Send Offload V2 (IPv6)
Click OK.
Press Windows + r keys and type: NCPA.CPL
Right-click on your network card and select Properties
Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and go to Properties.
Checks if the 'obtain an ip .... and Obtain DNS server ....' box is checked on automatic. This must other on auto.
You can do a test with the google dns if you check Use the following DNS
Google's Public DNS addresses 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
I am using wired internet via an ethernet cable, not wifi
no interference as it is hardwired and works fine when the cable is connected to my laptop.
drivers for the network card are all up to date, and I have even tried a new network card and the latest drivers for it
delivery optimization settings have been checked.