Hello,
I had same issue. It was solved for me via following command in cmd. Previous value was disabled.
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a PC running windows 10, all of the latest updates have been installed and drivers are up to date and it is connected to a ethernet cable for internet. I have a gigabit ethernet service. When I run an internet speed test I get somewhere between 14 -40 Megabits/sec download and 15-30 Megabits/sec upload (on a good day). When I connect my laptop to the same ethernet cable my download speed is between 650 and 750 Megabits/sec and my upload is closer to 50 Megabits/sec. I have tried many suggestions online such as turning off automatic updates, and removing the reserve bandwidth for updates. changing the network adaptor settings to force gigabit speed rather than auto assign. I have even tried installing a new gigabit network card to see if it was a motherboard issue and no luck. I cant seem to find anything online to help me resolve this issue. Please help.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello,
I had same issue. It was solved for me via following command in cmd. Previous value was disabled.
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
Same problem here. Been getting about 90-100, which is fine for this machine. About once per month, speed goes to 8-20. Reset modem, etc. and it s fine for a while. Three days ago it dropped to 8-16 for 2 days; then yesterday it went to 90-100 with me doing nothing. Today its 8-20.
The problem is that my tablet (android) gets 140-160 sitting beside the desktop, so the problem is in the desktop, running W 10.
I tried several of the above; some did not work; i.e., DLL not working.
Anybody have any ideas?
CM
Thank you! My son and I were pulling our hair out trying to figure out why his machine was so slow. For whatever reason this setting was disabled. Setting it to normal turned his download speed up to 800Mbps!
Update. Seems crazy, but I totally disconnected all plugged-in USB devices, my HDMI connection, audio out to external speakers, disconnected the Ethernet connection again, turned on my wifi and BAM! 480+Mbps speeds! I reconnected everything, tested again and still had full speed down/uploads!! I rebooted, still have full speeds again....go figure.
After 35 years of computers, I still scratch my head at times......
Wow... I did this as well, turns out my TP-Link Bluetooth adapter was the problem (for some reason?) It limited my connection to 12mbps
10mb to 75mb instant
Thank you!!!
I love you. I've wasted 3 and half work days trying to sort this out. I've even bought a new network card thinking that was the problem. You've saved me a lot of time and 45 euros, as I can now return the new network card I don't really need.
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal for the win in my case