Windows 10 limiting my internet speed?

Anonymous
2020-09-28T22:02:37+00:00

I have a PC running windows 10, all of the latest updates have been installed and drivers are up to date and it is connected to a ethernet cable for internet. I have a gigabit ethernet service. When I run an internet speed test I get somewhere between 14 -40 Megabits/sec download and 15-30 Megabits/sec upload (on a good day). When I connect my laptop to the same ethernet cable my download speed is between 650 and 750 Megabits/sec and my upload is closer to 50 Megabits/sec. I have tried many suggestions online such as turning off automatic updates, and removing the reserve bandwidth for updates. changing the network adaptor settings to force gigabit speed rather than auto assign. I have even tried installing a new gigabit network card to see if it was a motherboard issue and no luck. I cant seem to find anything online to help me resolve this issue. Please help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-05-04T10:45:03+00:00

Hello,

I had same issue. It was solved for me via following command in cmd. Previous value was disabled.

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-24T10:23:27+00:00

    BRO MAN **** YOU REALLY MADE MY DAY GOD BLESS YOU MY WI FI FROM 35 Mbps to 943 MBPS **** MAN I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I REINSTALL MY WINDOWS LIKE 5 TIMES I HOPE YOU SEE THIS I LOVE YOU BRO NO HOMO THANK YOU MAN THESE ALL **** COMMENTS AND I WAS SAVED BY YOU THANK YOU CHRIS THANK YOU SO MUCH I HOPE YOUR FAMILY IS IN GOOD CONDITION AND STAY SAFE OUT THERE **** I CAN DOWNLOAD GAMES IN 70 Mb/s NOW **** FROM 11 mb/s to 70 mb/s YOUR A LIFE SAVER CHRIS LOVE YOU SO MUCH

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-08T03:52:10+00:00

    That did it for me as well! Run this in command:

    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

    I have spent weeks troubleshooting this. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-23T08:35:30+00:00

    Hello,

    I've be struggling with this issue for a week !

    I've read hundred of posts where they say to set autotuninglevel to disabled.

    Since it was already disabled i did not change it.

    But in fact enabling it did the trick!

    I can now enjoy my full bandwith.

    Thanks a lot for that idea!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-30T03:12:22+00:00

    Sorry I don't have any more ideas for the moment, maybe another one will have better ideas :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments