Windows 10 limiting my internet speed?

Anonymous
2020-09-28T22:02:37+00:00

I have a PC running windows 10, all of the latest updates have been installed and drivers are up to date and it is connected to a ethernet cable for internet. I have a gigabit ethernet service. When I run an internet speed test I get somewhere between 14 -40 Megabits/sec download and 15-30 Megabits/sec upload (on a good day). When I connect my laptop to the same ethernet cable my download speed is between 650 and 750 Megabits/sec and my upload is closer to 50 Megabits/sec. I have tried many suggestions online such as turning off automatic updates, and removing the reserve bandwidth for updates. changing the network adaptor settings to force gigabit speed rather than auto assign. I have even tried installing a new gigabit network card to see if it was a motherboard issue and no luck. I cant seem to find anything online to help me resolve this issue. Please help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-05-04T10:45:03+00:00

Hello,

I had same issue. It was solved for me via following command in cmd. Previous value was disabled.

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-05T10:58:40+00:00

    Thank you, MartinBajer!

    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

    It worked!!!

    Why many people say to set it to disable???...!!!

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-09T11:39:43+00:00

    That actually solved my problem, thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-29T17:51:13+00:00

    Hello,

    I had the same issue and tried disabling autotuninglevel first. After struggling on other several failed attempts on device config and tutorials, I read this comment and set the autotuninglevel back to normal as well. So I got the problem instantly fixed.

    Thank you very much for your contribution!

    Cheers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-22T19:22:40+00:00

    Thanks for this KOMB... I had been struggling with what seemed to be a throttling issue on downloads lately. I tried this first part and it fixed my issue!

    Thanks so much!

    P

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments